Happy weekend, you guys! Hope this weekend has continued the weekend in the same vein. I had a bit of a start to the end of the week - I thought it would be a good idea to have a sweet recipe for peanut butter fudge!

While stuffing our faces with photoshoot leftovers, Duncan Bonbon weekend, guys! I hope this week has treated you well and that the weekend continues in the same vein. I had a difficult start to the week - I felt a bit low - but everything was fine at the end and I was thinking of celebrating with a sweet peanut butter fudge recipe!


As we covered our face with photoshoot remains, Duncan and I reflected on the fact that we both had a strange relationship of love and hate with peanut butter (separately, because we did not know each other yet). ). We both did not try peanut butter before our twenties (it was not much in post-communist Poland, I tell you) and none of us understood what everyone was saying. Nowadays, we both love him, Duncan so much that he always has his bag on his bagel every day.

I appreciate its taste too, but as I'm mild allergic, I tend to have it sparingly and occasionally. One thing I can not resist, however, is peanut butter combined with dark chocolate and a pinch of salt, which is what this fudge is about, with the addition of a layer of roasted peanuts for a little more crunchy.

It's easy to prepare, delicious and requires no cooking time, which I thought those who are still lucky to have a hot summer would appreciate. The fudge layer has been sweetened with only dates and the chocolate layer can be dairy-free dark chocolate or coconut oil mixed with raw cocoa powder and a touch of maple syrup (or a other sweetener of your choice). I hope you enjoy it as much as we do! We had a strange relationship with each other and we loved each other. We both did not try to peanut butter until our twenties (I was not big in post-communist Poland, I tell ya) and neither of us got all the fuss was all about. Nowadays, we both love it, it's so much so much so it's pretty much every day.

I appreciate it too much, but it has a mild allergy to it so I tend to sparingly and only occasionally. One thing I can not resist though, is peanut butter combined with dark chocolate and a pinch of salt, which is what this fudge pretty much is, with the addition of a layer of roasted peanuts for some extra crunch.


It's easy to make, delicious and requires no oven time whatsoever, which I think those of you who are still lucky to have. The fudge layer has been sweetened with nothing but chocolate and coconut oil mixed with cocoa powder and a touch of maple syrup (or other sweetener of your choice). I hope you will enjoy it as much as we do !






prep: 20 min cooking: 5 min


INGREDIENTS

PEANUT BUTTER LAYER

  • 250 g / 9 oz / approx. 10 Medjool dates*, more to taste
  • 4 tbsp / ¼ cup coconut cream (I scoop mine from a tin of chilled full fat coconut milk)
  • 240 ml / 1 cup smooth peanut butter (I used this brand)
  • 110 g / ½ cup roasted or unroasted** peanuts

CHOCOLATE LAYER (optional)

  • 100 g / 3 oz vegan dark (70%) chocolate

ALTERNATIVE CHOCOLATE LAYER (optional)

  • 120 ml / ½ cup mild coconut oil
  • 35 g / 1/3 cup raw cacao powder
  • 30-45 ml / 2-3 tbsp maple syrup



METHOD

  1. Pit the dates and chop them roughly. Put them in a food processor and process them until you get a fairly smooth dough. Add the coconut cream at this point, especially if the date mix seems too dry to mix well.
  2. Add the peanut butter, mix until a homogeneous mixture is obtained. Be careful not to treat it too long as it may release peanut butter oil, making the mixture oily.
  3. Line a baking tin or tupperware box (I used a 12 cm / 4.5 "x 22 cm / 8.5" baking tin) with a piece of baking paper. Press the peanut mixture into the box neatly. Place in the freezer for 20 minutes to firm up.
  4. Melt the chocolate gently in a bain-marie. Otherwise, melt the coconut oil in a bain-marie, but do not let it heat up. Once melted, add the cocoa powder and maple syrup while whisking. Let the chocolate layer cool so that it is not hot to the touch, but remains flowing.
  5. Sprinkle a layer of peanuts on the cooled fudge and incorporate into the mixture by applying light pressure with the hand or bottom of a glass.
  6. Pour the chocolate layer on top, even the layer and place it in the freezer for a few hours (I tend to keep it in the freezer overnight), until the mixture is taken.
  7. Cut in pieces with a hot knife - if you have a gas stove, simply heat the knife on a burner. Sprinkle the top with coarse salt if you use it. Store in an airtight container in the freezer.