On the menu today, a plate of roasted parmesan veggie parsnips. They are super easy to make and strangely addictive - I struggle not to suck them as soon as they come out of the oven. They will have a nice Christmas dinner or a vegan dinner.

Making them at home is fraught with difficulties because my cat, Tina, is a food yeast addict. I am not joking. Every time she hears me open the box (the mark I get is presented in a box with a plastic lid, which produces a characteristic sound when opening), she rushes to me, stays at the guard. to you, mocks me with increasing urgency until I save a little on his food.


INGREDIENTS

  • 4 parsnips of 600 g / 1.3 lb (medium)
  • 2 tbsp. Soup of olive oil
  • 1 C. Dry rosemary tea (optional)
  • 4 tablespoons nutritional yeast
  • ¼ c. To thin salt tea, more to taste (I like to use salt with garlic)
  • Sp teaspoon smoky sweet paprika


METHOD

  1. Heat the oven to 200 ° C / 390 ° F and cover a large baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper.
  2. Peel, cover and depilate your parsnips and cut them into 3 segments. Cut the thinnest segment into 2, the middle into 4 and the bottom into 6-8 (depending on the thickness). The goal is to have all parts approximately the same size so they cook evenly.
  3. Grind rosemary in a pestle and mortar unless it is already ground. You may also want to crush the nutritional yeast a little if it comes in the form of large flakes.
  4. Coat parsnips with olive oil, sprinkle with salt, smoked paprika, baking powder and rosemary, if desired.
  5. Spread the parsnips on the prepared baking sheet, making sure they do not overlap.
  6. Bake for about 20-25 minutes - until golden brown, turning once halfway through cooking.

Vegan parmesan parsnips: